I’ve followed some simple best practices for the past 25 years –
and it seems to be working well so far.
- I’ll treat you with respect (not as a potential commission check)
- I’ll never pressure you to do anything!
- I’ll respect your space (I won’t be a pest) so I tend to check in every six months or so.
- I’ll be available to answer any questions you may have, provide advice, etc. as I inherently like to help others.
- As an ex-New Yorker, I’ll always be direct and honest with you. It’s simply the way I’m wired.
My goal is straight forward: Build a long term, quality relationship with you and perhaps one day I might cross paths with an opportunity that you might want to size up and explore. If not, no hard feelings.
For what it’s worth, I don’t like most Tech Recruiters, so we most likely already have something in common ;o)